Status of Health related Quality of life between HBV and HCV Patients of Pakistan
AbstractThe aim of the study is to explore the factors those differentiate health related quality of life (HRQOL) among hepatitis B (HBV) and hepatitis C (HCV) patients. Different public and private hospitals of Sargodha district were visited and 120 patients of hepatitis B and C were interviewed. World health related quality of life-BREF (WHOQOL-BREF) questionnaire was used to construct HRQOL instrument. Multiple regression analysis was performed to observe the collision of demographic, medical, economic and physical and psychological factors on patients HRQOL. Results showed that HBV patients enjoyed better HRQOL then HCV patients. 86.4% HCV patients faces death threat while, 67.3% HBV faces this threat. 93.5% HBV patients feels depression while, 97.8% HCV patients feels depression. Urban patients HRQOL scores were superior then rural patients in both HCV and HBV case. Moreover, male patients HRQOL scores were better as compared to female patients. Age of the patient, disease severity, use of drug, pain, depression, financial hindrance and threat of death negatively influence the HRQOL of both HBV and HCV patients while, vaccination, income, sleep, opportunity of leisure and better living condition were positively related to HRQOL.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31933.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in International Journal of Business and Social Science 2.2(2011): pp. 213-220
Sargodha; HBV; HCV; Pakistan;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Awan, Masood Sarwar & Waqas, Muhammad & Aslam, Muhammad Amir & Abbas, Faisal, 2011. "Health related quality of life assessment in patients with hepatitis: a case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 30770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masood, Sarwar Awan & Muhammad, Waqas & Muhammad, Amir Aslam, 2012. "Factors influencing quality of life in patients with active tuberculosis in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 40043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Awan, Masood Sarwar & Waqas, Muhammad & Aslam, Muhammad Amir & Sarwar, Muhammad, 2011. "Measurement of SF-6D utility among patients with active tuberculosis," MPRA Paper 31816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.