Socio-economic effects of international migration on the families left behind
AbstractIn this paper, behavioural differentials of members in two categories of households pertaining to labour force participation, schooling of children and consumption patterns are studied. In addition, the attitudinal and personality changes of married females and children are discussed. Furthermore, some clinical evidence on the psychological effects of emigration on wives and children left behind are provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 39609.
Date of creation: 1983
Date of revision:
Behavioural Differentials; Household analysis; labour force participation; schooling of children; consumption patterns; attitudinal and personality changes; Psychological effects of emigration on wives and children left behind;
Other versions of this item:
- Nasreen Abbasi & Mohammad Irfan, 1983. "Socio-Economic Effects of International Migration on The Families Left Behind," PLM Project Reports 1983:7, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faiz Bilquees & Shahnaz Hamid, 1981. "Impact of International Migration on Women and Children Left Behind. A Case Study of a Punjabi Village," PIDE-Working Papers 1981:115, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Mohammad, Irfan & Demery, Lionel & Ghulam Mohammad, Arif & Farooqui, Furqan Ahmad & Tariq, Javed & Haq, Rashida & Khan, Ghani, 1983.
"Migration Patterns in Pakistan: Preliminary Results from the PLM Survey, 1979,"
39606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohammad Irfan & Lionel Demery & Ghulam Mohammad Arif, 1983. "Migration Patterns in Pakistan: Preliminary Results from the PLM survey, 1979," PLM Project Reports 1983:6, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Kahn, Mohammed Ali & Sirageldin, Ismail, 1979. "Education, Income, and Fertility in Pakistan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(3), pages 519-47, April.
- Mohammad Irfan, 1981. "An Introduction to Studies in Population Labour Force and Migration. A PODE/ILO-UNFPA Project," PIDE-Working Papers 1981:118, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Muhammad Irfan, 2010. "A Review of the Labour Market Research at PIDE 1957-2009," PIDE Books, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, number 2010:1 edited by Rashid Amjad & Aurangzeb A. Hashmi.
- Stahl CW, 1984. "International labour migration and the ASEAN economies," ILO Working Papers 231869, International Labour Organization.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.