Migration Patterns in Pakistan: Preliminary Results from the PLM survey, 1979
AbstractThis paper reports some preliminary results of the PLM survey, as they relate to migration flews in Pakistan. Section II reviews the implications of the data collection methodology, and is followed (in Section III) by an analysis of the major flows of internal migration. Section IV deals separately with international migration and Section VIII draws some concluding observations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Pakistan Institute of Development Economics in its series PLM Project Reports with number 1983:6.
Length: 78 pages
Date of creation: 1983
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Mohammad, Irfan & Demery, Lionel & Ghulam Mohammad, Arif & Farooqui, Furqan Ahmad & Tariq, Javed & Haq, Rashida & Khan, Ghani, 1983. "Migration Patterns in Pakistan: Preliminary Results from the PLM Survey, 1979," MPRA Paper 39606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mir Anjum Altaf & Obaidullah, 1992. "The Spatial Pattern of International Labour Flows from and to Pakistan: A Preliminary Analysis," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 31(2), pages 145-164.
- Naushin Mahmood, 2009. "Population and Development Demographic Research at PIDE," PIDE Books, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, number 2009:1 edited by Rashid Amjad & Aurangzeb A. Hashmi, December.
- Andrew P. Barkley, 1991. "The Determinants of Interdistrict Labour In-migration in Pakistan, 1971-1980," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 275-296.
- Nasreen Abbasi & Mohammad Irfan, 1983.
"Socio-Economic Effects of International Migration on The Families Left Behind,"
PLM Project Reports
1983:7, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Abbasi, Nasreen & Mohammad, Irfan & Gil, Javed Akbar & Ghulam Mustafa, Zahid & Ghulam Mohammad, Arif, 1983. "Socio-economic effects of international migration on the families left behind," MPRA Paper 39609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohammad Irfan & Meekal Aziz Ahmed, 1985. "Real Wages in Pakistan: Structure and Trends,1970-841," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 24(3-4), pages 423-440.
- Azra Perveen, 1993. "Inter-Provincial Migration in Pakistan 1971-1981," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 725-735.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.