Le differenze regionali nella governance della spesa sanitaria. La sanità alla sfide del federalismo: il modello SaniRegio di CeRM
[Regional differences in the governance of health care expenditure. Italian Health Care System (Ssn) in the transition toward Federalism: the SaniRegio Model by CeRM]
AbstractSaniRegio is an econometric model, based on fixed effects panel techniques, that investigates the level of efficiency of Italian Regions in governing their health care systems. As a result of the model, we obtain a measure of the efficient or standardized expenditure that may be compared to the effective expenditure. The different degree of efficiency on the side of expenditure is finally commented taking into account also the different degree of quality of Italian Regions in offering health care provisions to their citizens.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 36934.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Health Care System; health care expenditure; Italian Ssn; inter Regions benchmarking; efficiency ranking; quality ranking; transition toward Federalism; paths of convergence; sustainability;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chiara Bonassi & Laura Magazzini & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni & Nicola Carmine Salerno, 2007. "La spesa farmaceutica territoriale convenzionata: il modello FarmaRegio per l'analisi della variabilità regionale," Working Papers 03-2007, Competitività Regole Mecati (CERM).
- Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni & Laura Magazzini, 2008.
"The Sustainability of European Health Care Systems: Beyond Income and Ageing,"
52, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni & Laura Magazzini, 2012. "The sustainability of European health care systems: beyond income and aging," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(5), pages 623-634, October.
- Pammolli, Fabio & Riccaboni, Massimo & Magazzini, Laura, 2008. "The Sustainability of European Health Care Systems: Beyond Income and Ageing," MPRA Paper 16026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Jonsson, Bengt, 2000. "International comparisons of health expenditure: Theory, data and econometric analysis," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 11-53 Elsevier.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/7972 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabio Pammolli & Gianluca Papa & Nicola Carmine Salerno, 2009. "La spesa sanitaria pubblica in Italia: dentro la "scatola nera" delle differenze regionali - Il modello SaniRegio," Working Papers 02-2009, Competitività Regole Mecati (CERM).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.