Cari İşlem Açıklarının Sürdürülebilirliği: 2001-2011 Türkiye Örneği
[Current Account Deficits Sustainability: 2001-2011 The Case Of Turkey]
AbstractThe aim of this study was re-debated in recent years begun to test whether current account deficits are sustainable. Our study has been tested with monthly data 2001:3-2011:4 period, used by Husted (1992) intertemporal model. According to the Johansen co-integration analysis, in Turkey’s economy between export and import series were found the long-term co-integration relationship. The empirical results indicate that the current account deficits are sustainable in the long run in Turkey.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 36294.
Date of creation: 15 Oct 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Çukurova Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi 3.20(2011): pp. 417-432
Current Account Deficits; Sustainability; Co-Integration; Error Correction Model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kalyoncu, Huseyin, 2005.
"Sustainability of Current Account for Turkey: Intertemporal Solvency Approach,"
1220, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huseyin Kalyoncu, 2005. "Sustainability of Current Account for Turkey: Intertemporal Solvency Approach," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2005(1), pages 82-88.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Lau, Evan, 2005.
"Current Account Deficit Sustainability: a Panel Approach,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 20, pages 514-529.
- Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Evan Lau, 2004. "Current Account Deficit Sustainability: A Panel Approach," Working Papers 0073, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2004.
- Husted, Steven, 1992. "The Emerging U.S. Current Account Deficit in the 1980s: A Cointegration Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 159-66, February.
- Hakkio, Craig S & Rush, Mark, 1991. "Is the Budget Deficit "Too Large?"," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(3), pages 429-45, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.