Industria e distretti produttivi in Sicilia tra incentivi e sviluppo
[Manufacturing and productive districts in Sicily between incentives and development]
AbstractOne hundred and fifty years after the unification of Italy, the Mezzogiorno and Sicily, in particular, continue to be severely lagging behind the rest of Italy and its most developed part. This paper focuses on the productive districts regarding the industry to the light of the first three years after the creation and recognition of these districts by the Sicilian Regional Administration and the expected expiry of the relative Patti di Sviluppo (Development Agreements). The first goal of the paper is to evaluate the coherence of these districts to the model of the ‘meta-district’ implicitly evoked in the regional legislation, and secondly whether the combination of incentives and development is a winning strategy for the industry and the development of the whole Sicilian economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 35246.
Date of creation: Dec 2011
Date of revision:
industria; distretti produttivi; sviluppo;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O20 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-13 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2008.
"Knowledge, learning, networks and performance of firms in knowledge-based economies,"
30901, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele SchilirÃ², 2007. "Knowledge, Learning, Networks and Performance of Firms in Knowledge-Based Economies," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale, UniversitÃ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo econo crn0702, UniversitÃ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2010.
"I distretti produttivi in Sicilia. Analisi e proposte per la competitività
[The productive districts in Sicily. Analysis and proposals for the competitiveness]," MPRA Paper 27471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele SchilirÃ², 2010. "I distretti produttivi in Sicilia. Analisi e proposte per la competitivitÃ ," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÃ€ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2010(3), pages 92-113.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2013.
"I patti di sviluppo dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia: 2011-2013
[The development pacts of productive districts in Siciliy: 2011-2013]," MPRA Paper 43678, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele SchilirÃ² & Giuseppe Timpanaro, 2012. "Lâ€™esperienza dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia nel triennio 2007-2010: unâ€™analisi per macrosettori," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale, UniversitÃ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo econo crn1201, UniversitÃ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012.
"I nuovi patti di sviluppo dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia. Prime note
[The new development pacts of the productive districts in Sicily. Preliminary notes]," MPRA Paper 42663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.