The Essence of Enterprise Risk Management in Today’s Business Enterprises in Developed and Developing Nations
AbstractRisk as expected is not that fearsome matter, although it may keep management awake at night; revenue would not be possible without it. Enterprise Risk Management at basics is broadly portrayed as structure of handling and managing risk across an organization. The key concern of this research is to investigate the ERM. The findings highlight that there are very few enterprises from developing nations which are into ERM while the developed nations’ enterprises are huskily and vigorously involved in it and this gap is due to the lack of awareness and serious concerns for value maximization of enterprise share holders in developing nations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 34760.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Risk; Enterprise Risk Management; Financial Institutions; Developed Nations; Developing Nations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2011-11-28 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-RMG-2011-11-28 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christine M. Cumming & Beverly J. Hirtle, 2001.
"The challenges of risk management in diversified financial companies,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Mar, pages 1-17.
- Cumming, Christine & Hirtle, Beverly, 2001. "The challenges of risk management in diversified financial companies," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 3, pages 89-95.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.