Competence Development in IT Projects through Education and Training Programmes
AbstractThe paper refers to the quality of training and education on IT project management. A survey was made and the main results are presented. 81 % of the responses came from China. The rest were professionals of different EU nationalities. The percentage of Project Managers who answered the questions is rather low – 8%. In the “Others” category, we have software developers, financial managers and professors, who are involved in both training on project management, but also as team members or team managers in IT and research projects, thus ensuring a balanced overview of both theory and practical issues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania in its journal REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT.
Volume (Year): 10 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
quality; IT Project management; training and education; project manager; competence.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- M53 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Training
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caballero, R. & Galache, T. & Gomez, T. & Molina, J. & Torrico, A., 2001. "Efficient assignment of financial resources within a university system. Study of the University of Malaga," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 298-309, January.
- Cumming, Christine & Hirtle, Beverly, 2001.
"The challenges of risk management in diversified financial companies,"
Journal of Financial Transformation,
Capco Institute, vol. 3, pages 89-95.
- Christine M. Cumming & Beverly J. Hirtle, 2001. "The challenges of risk management in diversified financial companies," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Mar, pages 1-17.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.