The influence of metallurgical sector on Ukrainian economy
AbstractThe purpose of this article is to analyze the influence of metallurgical sector on Ukrainian economy. We try to examine what is iron ore for Ukraine – a basis for successful economic development or resource curse, and investigate the impact of steel and iron companies on performance of domestic stock exchange.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 34001.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Metallurgical sector; resource curse; Ukrainian stock market; volatility of export revenues;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2011-10-22 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2011-10-22 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robinson, James A & Torvik, Ragnar & Verdier, Thierry, 2002.
"Political Foundations of the Resource Curse,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3422, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.