Systemy emerytalne w Europie - Cypr
[Pension systems in Europe - Cyprus]
AbstractThe article presents an insight into the old age pension system in Cyprus. The introduction is followed by four topic paragraphs: 1. the general information about the country, 2. the historical development of its pension system, 3. the present situation, and 4. challenges and foreseen changes. There, the author’s goal was to present both past and present solutions employed by the Cyprian pension system, in search for ideas worth consideration in international comparisons. In the summary, the author highlights as a particular Cyprian approach, on the background of the pension systems of other countries, the fact of existing the Parliament of the Old People. The Parliament is specific for that country form of representation of old people’s interest.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 33159.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
old age pension system; Cyprus; retirement; pension reforms;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asghar Zaidi & Aaron George Grech & Michael Fuchs, 2006.
"Pension policy in EU25 and its possible impact on elderly poverty,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6225, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michael Fuchs & Aaron George Grech & Asghar Zaidi, 2006. "Pension Policy in EU25 and its Possible Impact on Elderly Poverty," CASE Papers case116, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.