Conduite et efficacité de la politique économique : les leçons de la crise
[Management and Efficiency of the Economic Policies : The Crisis' Lessons"]
AbstractThis paper intend to keep some lessons from the recent crisis for the monetary and fiscal stabilization policies. We develop six propositions about these policies : The monetary policy may be wrongly orientated before a crisis ; The non-orthodox monetary actions are effective but dangerous; The Central Bank must adopt an enlarged framework for her strategy ; Fiscal Policy has not been completely rehabilited by crisis events and its efficiency is dubious ; In Euro Zone, monetary policy has been a problem that fiscal policies are not able to solve ; In Euro Zone, public debts are a big problem that monetary molicy can solve.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31223.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2011
Date of revision:
Politique monétaire; Politique budgétaire; Crise économique; Principales leçons;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Olivier J. Blanchard & Paolo Mauro, 2010.
"Rethinking Macroeconomic Policy,"
IMF Staff Position Notes
2010/03, International Monetary Fund.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2010.
"Monetary Policy and Excessive Bank Risk Taking,"
DNB Working Papers
271, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Antonio Fatás & Ilian Mihov, 2010.
"The Euro and Fiscal Policy,"
in: Europe and the Euro, pages 287-324
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tobias Adrian & Arturo Estrella & Hyun Song Shin, 2010. "Monetary cycles, financial cycles, and the business cycle," Staff Reports 421, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2009.
"Is Monetary Policy Effective during Financial Crises?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 573-77, May.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2009. "Is Monetary Policy Effective During Financial Crises?," NBER Working Papers 14678, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee , Jim & Crowley, Patrick M, 2009. "Evaluating the stresses from ECB monetary policy in the euro area," Research Discussion Papers 11/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. "This Time It’s Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly-Preface," MPRA Paper 17451, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bernard LANDAIS, 2010. "The Monetary Origins Of The Economic And Financial Crisis," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 5(3(13)/Fal), pages 280-291.
- Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2011.
"The Dark Side of Fiscal Stimulus,"
Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover
dp-466, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2013. "The dark side of fiscal stimulus," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 150, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Trimborn, Timo & Strulik, Holger, 2011. "The Dark Side of Fiscal Stimulus," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48725, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Alan J. Auerbach & William G. Gale, 2009.
"Activist fiscal policy to stabilize economic activity,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 327-374.
- Alan J. Auerbach & William G. Gale, 2009. "Activist Fiscal Policy to Stabilize Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 15407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011.
"The Liquidation of Government Debt,"
BIS Working Papers
363, Bank for International Settlements.
- Carmen M. & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," Working Paper Series WP11-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 16893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8973.
- Dolls, Mathias & Fuest, Clemens & Peichl, Andreas, 2012.
"Automatic stabilizers and economic crisis: US vs. Europe,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 279-294.
- Dolls, Mathias & Fuest, Clemens & Peichl, Andreas, 2010. "Automatic stabilisers and economic crisis: US vs Europe," EUROMOD Working Papers EM2/10, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Mathias Dolls & Clemens Fuest & Andreas Peichl, 2010. "Automatic Stabilizers and Economic Crisis: US vs. Europe," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 01-02, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Mathias Dolls & Clemens Fuest & Andreas Peichl, 2009. "Automatic Stabilizers and Economic Crisis: US vs. Europe," CESifo Working Paper Series 2878, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mathias Dolls & Clemens Fuest & Andreas Peichl, 2010. "Automatic Stabilizers and Economic Crisis: US vs. Europe," NBER Working Papers 16275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dolls, Mathias & Fuest, Clemens & Peichl, Andreas, 2009. "Automatic Stabilizers and Economic Crisis: US vs. Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 4310, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jordi Galí, 2010. "The Monetary Pillar and the Great Financial Crisis," Working Papers 469, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Bharat Trehan, 2009. "Predicting crises, part I: Do coming crises cast their shadows before?," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue sep21.
- Xavier Debrun & Radhicka Kapoor, 2010. "Fiscal Policy and Macroeconomic Stability:Automatic Stabilizers Work, Always and Everywhere," IMF Working Papers 10/111, International Monetary Fund.
- David C. Wheelock & Mark E. Wohar, 2009. "Can the term spread predict output growth and recessions? a survey of the literature," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 419-440.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2009.
"The Credit Crisis: Conjectures about Causes and Remedies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 606-10, May.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram Rajan, 2009. "The Credit Crisis: Conjectures about Causes and Remedies," NBER Working Papers 14739, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Howells & Iris Biefang Frisancho-Mariscal, 2010. "Recent Developments in Monetary Policy," Working Papers 1017, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- John B. Taylor, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Policy Responses: An Empirical Analysis of What Went Wrong," NBER Working Papers 14631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordi Galí, 2010. "The monetary pillar and the great financial crisis," Economics Working Papers 1223, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.