Strategie di internazionalizzazione fra economie distrettuali e filiere estese
[Internationalization strategies: from local clusters to extended networks]
AbstractThe paper focuses on internationalization strategies to be adopted by industrial district firms facing the deep change related to the world wide market opening process. Critical factors and threats are pointed out, in order to identify developing strategies that can enforce a co-ordination role of districts firms within internationalized supply chains and distribution channels. Moreover, policy intervention areas ere identified to address firms’ choices towards consistent directions in order to strengthen their competitiveness and the overall efficiency of the local system, both in its internal and external networks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31118.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
internationalization; strategies; industrial districts; SMEs;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1994. "The changing technology of technological change: general and abstract knowledge and the division of innovative labour," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 523-532, September.
- Vernon, Raymond, 1979. "The Product Cycle Hypothesis in a New International Environment," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 41(4), pages 255-67, November.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- Dalli, Daniele, 1995. "The organization of exporting activities: Relationships between internal and external arrangements," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 107-115, October.
- Cerruti, Corrado & Musso, Fabio, 2004.
"La logistica nei distretti industriali. Scenari di evoluzione per l’integrazione delle filiere
[Logistics in the industrial districts. Evolutionary trends for supply chains integration]," MPRA Paper 31645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferrero, Giancarlo & Musso, Fabio, 2006.
"Presentazione del numero monografico di Sinergie su “L’internazionalizzazione delle imprese e dei distretti industriali”
[Presentation of the special issue of Sinergie Journal on "The in," MPRA Paper 31640, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francioni, Barbara & Musso, Fabio & Pagano, Alessandro, 2012.
"Il ruolo dei consorzi per la valorizzazione del Made in Italy nel mercato indiano
[The role of export consortia for the promotion of Made in Italy products in the Indian market]," MPRA Paper 49757, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.