Scrap the lot and start again
AbstractIn the wake of the recent financial crisis heterodox economists have taken up a time-honored refrain and proposed to abandon the axiomatic method. The present paper argues that this proposal is self-defeating
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 29812.
Date of creation: 11 Mar 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in real-world economics review 11 March 2011.56(2011): pp. 15-18
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2011-04-16 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-04-16 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geoff Harcourt, 2011. "The Crisis in Mainstream Economics," Discussion Papers 2011-12, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Axel Leijonhufvud, 2009. "Out of the corridor: Keynes and the crisis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 741-757, July.
- Roy J. Rotheim, 1981. "Keynes' Monetary Theory of Value (1933)," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 3(4), pages 568-585, July.
- Hollander, Samuel, 1977. "Adam Smith and the Self-Interest Axiom," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(1), pages 133-52, April.
- Coddington, Alan, 1976. "Keynesian Economics: The Search for First Principles," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 1258-73, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.