Le Taux de Change Réel et les Performances macroéconomiques: Une Application à Trois Pays de l’UEMOA
[Real Exchange Rate and Macroeconomic Performances: Evidence from three countries of WAEMU]
AbstractIn this paper, it is necessary to establish the degree of surevaluation and volatility of real exchange rate and measure the impact of these distortions in the macroeconomic performance of the WAEMU countries. According to our analysis it appears that the overvaluation and volatility of the TCR are among the factors that threaten economic growth in these countries. Directly or indirectly overvaluation and instability of TCR negatively affect growth in real GDP per capita.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27480.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Taux de change réel; Performances macroéconomiques; UEMOA;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cottani, Joaquin A & Cavallo, Domingo F & Khan, M Shahbaz, 1990. "Real Exchange Rate Behavior and Economic Performance in LDCs," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(1), pages 61-76, October.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Lewis, Jeffrey D & Robinson, Sherman, 1993. "External Shocks, Purchasing Power Parity, and the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 45-63, January.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & de Melo, Jaime, 1987. "Adjustment with a Fixed Exchange Rate: Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire, and Senegal," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(3), pages 447-87, May.
- Jean-Marie Gankou, 1987. "Dévaluation et politique d'ajustement," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 28(109), pages 209-227.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.