Competitiveness of Bulgarian farms
AbstractThis paper suggests a holistic framework for assessing farm competitiveness, and analyses competitiveness of different type of Bulgarian farms. First, it present a new approach for assessing farm competitiveness defining farm competitiveness and its three criteria (efficiency, adaptability and sustainability), and identifying indicators for assessing the individual aspects and the overall competitiveness of farms. Next, it analyzes evolution and efficiency of farming organizations during post communist transition and EU integration in Bulgaria, and assesses levels and factors of farms competitiveness in the conditions of CAP implementation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 25626.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 2010
Date of revision:
efficiency; adaptability; sustainability; and competitiveness of farms; transitional agriculture; EU integration; CAP; Bulgaria;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-10-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2010-10-16 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-TRA-2010-10-16 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Efficiecy Of Agrarian Organisations," Microeconomics 0511002, EconWPA.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Governing Of Finance Supply In Bulgarian Farms," Finance 0511003, EconWPA.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Governing of agrarian sustainability," MPRA Paper 7772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bachev, Hrabrin Ianouchev & Nanseki, T., 2008. "Risk Governance in Bulgarian Dairy Farming," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44136, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Framework For Assessing Sustainability Of Farms," Microeconomics 0511003, EconWPA.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Post-communist Transformation in Bulgaria – Implications for Development of Agricultural Specialization and Farming Structures," MPRA Paper 7771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004. "Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "National Policies Related To Farming Structures And Sustainability In Bulgaria," Development and Comp Systems 0511006, EconWPA.
- Popovic, Rade & Knezevic, Marija & Tosin, Milos, 2009. "State And Perspectives In Competitiveness Of One Farm Type In Serbia," 113th Seminar, December 9-11, 2009, Belgrade, Serbia 57416, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2011. "Effects of EU CAP implementation on Bulgarian farms," MPRA Paper 35510, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.