Impact of trade openness on output growth for Pakistan: an empirical investigation
AbstractIn this paper we analyze the impact of trade liberalization policy on GDP growth of Pakistan for the period ranging from 1972 to 2002. We found that there is long run negative relationship between trade growth and GDP growth. When we separate the total trade volume in export and import we find insignificant positive relationship between GDP and export and import. Both the models showed positive and significant relationship between GDP and investment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 23757.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Market Forces 1.1(2005): pp. 3-10
Trade Openness; Liberalization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2012.
"Does trade openness affect long run growth? Cointegration, causality and forecast error variance decomposition tests for Pakistan,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2325-2339.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz, 2012. "Does Trade Openness Affect Long Run Growth? Cointegration, Causality and Forecast Error Variance Decomposition Tests for Pakistan," MPRA Paper 37391, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Mar 2012.
- Khan, Rana Ejaz Ali & Sattar, Rashid, 2010. "Trade, Growth and Povety: A Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 20904, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asma Arif & Hasnat Ahmad, 2012. "Impact of Trade Openness on Output Growth: Co integration and Error Correction Model Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 2(4), pages 379-385.
- Siddiqui, Aamir Hussain & Iqbal, Javed, 2010. "Trade Openness and Growth: An Analysis of Transmission Mechanism in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 24534, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Aug 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.