Zukunftsperspektiven betriebswirtschaftlicher Forschung im Bereich der Internetökonomie
[Future perspectives of economic research in the context of internet economics]
AbstractThe ongoing globalization of production was accompanied by the fast development of information and communication systems. Especially the example of the internet shows this very clearly. Although this relatively young communication network is used by an increasing number of people, and the interest in this new technology is widespread, nevertheless there still exists a multitude of questions about the economic backgrounds. It is the aim of this paper, to identify as well as structure the spectrum of areas of research in this field, esentially in order to provide an introduction and a general idea about the recent state.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21086.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
economic research; internet economics; future perspecticves;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- O3 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mackie-Mason, J.K. & Varian, H.R., 1993.
"Pricing the Internet,"
20/1993, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Rishab Aiyer Ghosh, 1998. "Cooking pot Markets: an Economic Model for the Trade in Free Goods and Services on the Internet," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(1), July.
- Salop, Steven C & Scheffman, David T, 1983. "Raising Rivals' Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 267-71, May.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1996.
"The economics of networks,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 673-699, October.
- Lee McKnight & Joseph P. Bailey, 1997. "Global Internet Economics," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
- Nicholas Economides & Benjamin Hermalin, 2010.
"The Economics of Network Neutrality,"
10-25, NET Institute.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1998. "International Competitiveness, Multinational Enterprise Technology Clubs and the Government Interface," MPRA Paper 17983, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MacKie-Mason, J.K. & Varian, H.L., 1993.
"Some Economists of the Internet,"
93-16, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Soon-Yong Choi & Andrew B. Whinston & Dale O. Stahl, 1997. "Is Microsoft a Monopolist?," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.