Systema Indikatorov Evraziyskoy Integracii
[The System of Indicators of Eurasian Integration]
AbstractFor almost two decades, regional integration in the post-Soviet space has remained one of the most talked about issues of economic policy. There are hundreds of initiatives and projects that aim for deepened co-operation between countries in the region. At the same time, to determine the effectiveness of integration strategies a comprehensive system is needed to monitor and assess the current processes of economic, political and social interaction between countries. This can be done with the help of a system of quantitative and qualitative indicators of regional integration. It is intended that the EDB’s System of Indicators of Eurasian Integration (SIEI) should become an instrument to monitor and assess regional integration projects in the post-Soviet space. The SIEI consists of nine general and two consolidated indices that are aimed at assessing integration in the region, and cover various aspects of the regional integration process. The SIEI is built around several sets of indicators, including the integration of trade and labour markets, and co-operation in key functional areas (agriculture, education, and energy); convergence of the main characteristics of the post-Soviet economies; and qualitative performance parameters of the CIS integration groupings developed based on an expert poll. The results are valuable for the assessment of both the integration process during the last decade and the potential for integrational interaction between the countries. The SIEI includes a broad range of indices that reflect both country-to-country interaction and integration in the post-Soviet space as a whole and in its sub-regions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20914.
Date of creation: Dec 2009
Date of revision:
Regional integration; political integration; economic integration; post-Soviet space; CIS; Eurasian Economic Community;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Relations, and Aid
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rana, Pradumna B., 2006. "Economic Integration in East Asia: Trends, Prospects, and a Possible Roadmap," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration, Asian Development Bank 2, Asian Development Bank.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Fidrmuc, Jarko & Schnatz, Bernd, 2005.
"Trade integration of Central and Eastern European countries: lessons from a gravity model,"
Working Paper Series, European Central Bank
0545, European Central Bank.
- Matthieu Bussière & Jarko Fidrmuc & Bernd Schnatz, 2005. "Trade Integration of Central and Eastern European Countries: Lessons from a Gravity Model," Working Papers, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank) 105, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Ian Babetskii & Luboš Komárek & Zlatuše Komárková, 2007.
"Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences,
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(7-8), pages 341-362, September.
- Babecký, Jan & Komárek, Luboš & Komárková, Zlatuše, 2008. "Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS), University of Warwick, Department of Economics 849, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ian Babetskii & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2007. "Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area," Working Papers, Czech National Bank, Research Department 2007/7, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Soyoung Kim & Jong‐Wha Lee, 2012.
"Real and Financial Integration in East Asia,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 332-349, 05.
- Kim, Soyoung & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2008. "Real and Financial Integration in East Asia," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration, Asian Development Bank 17, Asian Development Bank.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott, 1994. "Western Hemisphere Economic Integration," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 75, July.
- Dimitrios Christelis & Dimitris Georgarakos & Michael Haliassos, 2008.
"Economic Integration and Mature Portfolios,"
CSEF Working Papers, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy
194, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 23 Jan 2013.
- SOSVILLA RIVERO, Simón & GALINDO, M. Ángel & ALONSO MESEGUER, Javier, 2001.
"Tax burden convergence in Europe,"
Estudios de Economía Aplicada,
Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 17, pages 183-191, Abril.
- Qin, Duo & Cagas, Marie Anne & Ducanes, Geoffrey & Magtibay-Ramos, Nedelyn & Quising, Pilipinas F., 2007. "Measuring Regional Market Integration in Developing Asia: a Dynamic Factor Error Correction Model (DF-ECM) Approach," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration, Asian Development Bank 8, Asian Development Bank.
- Melanie Leiner-Killinger & Christophe Madaschi & Melanie Ward-Warmedinger, 2005. "What does European institutional integration tell us about trade integration?," Occasional Paper Series 41, European Central Bank.
- URATA Shujiro & John SASUYA, 2007. "An Analysis of the Restrictions on Foreign Direct Investment in Free Trade Agreements," Discussion papers, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI) 07018, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Dorrucci, Ettore & Firpo, Stefano & Mongelli, Francesco Paolo & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2002. "European integration: what lessons for other regions? The case of Latin America," Working Paper Series, European Central Bank 0185, European Central Bank.
- Francesco Paolo Mongelli & Ettore Dorrucci & Itai Agur, 2005. "What does European institutional integration tell us about trade integration?," Occasional Paper Series 40, European Central Bank.
- Ettore Dorrucci & Stefano Firpo & Marcel Fratzscher & Francesco Paolo Mongelli, 2004. "The Link between Institutional and Economic Integration: Insights for Latin America from the European Experience," Open Economies Review, Springer, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 239-260, 07.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.