Note on generated choice and axioms of revealed preference
AbstractIn this article, we study the axiomatic foundations of revealed preference theory. Let P denote the strict and R the weak revealed preference, respectively. The purpose of the paper is to show that weak, strong, and Hansson's axioms of revealed preference can be given as identities using the generated choices with respect to P and R in terms of maximality and in terms of greatestness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20358.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision: 01 Feb 2010
Publication status: Published in Central Europen Journal of Operations Research 1.8(2000): pp. 57-62
Revealed preference; Weak axiom of revealed preference; Strong axiom of revealed preference; Hansson's axiom of revealed preference;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Suzumura, Kotaro, 1976. "Rational Choice and Revealed Preference," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 149-58, February.
- Duggan, John, 1999. "A General Extension Theorem for Binary Relations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 1-16, May.
- Clark, Stephen A, 1985. "A Complementary Approach to the Strong and Weak Axioms of Revealed Preference," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1459-63, November.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1971. "Choice Functions and Revealed Preference," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(115), pages 307-17, July.
- Suzumura, Kotaro, 1977. "Houthakker's axiom in the theory of rational choice," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 284-290, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.