Downturn LGD: A Spot Recovery Approach
AbstractBasel II suggests that banks estimate downturn loss given default (DLGD) in capital requirement calculation. There have been studies that focused on the dependence of default rates and loss given defaults through economic cycles. However, the models proposed are still not satisfactory. In this paper, we propose a new model framework based on our recent work of stochastic spot recovery for Gaussian copula. We also compare our model with the previous approaches.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20010.
Date of creation: 13 Jan 2010
Date of revision:
Basel II; Downturn Loss Given Default; Stochastic Recovery; Spot Recovery; Factor Credit Models; Default Time Copula; Gaussian Copula; Large Homogeneous Pool; Credit VaR; Expected Shortfall;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-01-23 (Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2010-01-23 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dirk Tasche, 2004. "The single risk factor approach to capital charges in case of correlated loss given default rates," Papers cond-mat/0402390, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2004.
- Li, Hui, 2009. "On Models of Stochastic Recovery for Base Correlation," MPRA Paper 15750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Düllmann, Klaus & Trapp, Monika, 2004. "Systematic Risk in Recovery Rates: An Empirical Analysis of US Corporate Credit Exposures," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2004,02, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Li, Hui, 2009. "Extension of Spot Recovery Model for Gaussian Copula," MPRA Paper 17944, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Hui, 2009. "Double Impact on CVA for CDS: Wrong-Way Risk with Stochastic Recovery," MPRA Paper 19684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.