Competition Policy in Turkey
AbstractWe review the enforcement of competition policy and the activities of Turkish Competition Authority during 1997-2000. Descriptive statistics are provided on the caseload handled, such as types of anti-competitive behavior investigated, breakdown of investigations by industry, violations found, and penalties imposed. Competition Authority has been stretched in terms of manpower as it has faced a flood of applications in addition to having to develop the necessary secondary legislation. The most salient cases handled concerned infringement of competition, while a rather lenient position was taken in authorizing mergers and acquisitions. The silence of the Turkish Competition Law regarding public undertakings is a potential source of problem for aligning competition policies with those of EU.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 198.
Date of creation: 21 Nov 2001
Date of revision: 28 Jan 2002
competition policy; competition authority; Turkey;
Other versions of this item:
- L44 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Antitrust Policy and Public Enterprise, Nonprofit Institutions, and Professional Organizations
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erinç Yeldan & Kývýlcým Metin-Özcan & Ebru Voyvoda, 2000. "On the Patterns of Trade Liberalization, Oligopolistic Concentration and Profitablility : Reflections from Post-1980 Tukrish Manufacturing," Departmental Working Papers 0012, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Dutz, Mark A. & Vagliasindi, Maria, 2000. "Competition policy implementation in transition economies: An empirical assessment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 762-772, May.
- Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2003. "Trade and Technology Transfers: a Comparative Study of Turkey, India and China," Working Papers 2003-16, CEPII research center.
- Ozmucur, Suleyman, 2007. "Liberalization and concentration: Case of Turkey," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 762-777, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.