Changes in the productivity of labour and vertically integrated sectors — an empirical study for Italy
AbstractThe object of this paper is to derive measures for the changes in physical labour productivity and to apply them to the case of Italy during the 1995-2000 period. Firstly, section 1, introduces the historical development of selected literature on labour productivity measurement using the notion of vertically integrated sectors and derives measures computable from actual data. In the second place,section 2 describes the series utilised and presents the computation of the previously derived measures. Thirdly, section 3 presents the main results, introducing a typology according to which characterize the determinants behind changes in physical labour productivity, and draws implications for the particular case under study. Some final comments are given in section 4.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 18871.
Date of creation: 26 Nov 2009
Date of revision:
Labour productivity measurement; Vertically integrated sectors; Input-Output analysis.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2009-12-05 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2009-12-05 (Efficiency & Productivity)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oscar De Juan & Eladio Febrero, 2000. "Measuring Productivity from Vertically Integrated Sectors," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 65-82.
- Garbellini, Nadia & Wirkierman, Ariel Luis, 2010. "Pasinetti’s Structural Change and Economic Growth: a conceptual excursus," MPRA Paper 25685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.