Foreign direct investment in the Indian telecommunications sector
AbstractThis paper will examine the current status of foreign direct investment (FDI) in the Indian telecommunications sector and the issues facing foreign companies seeking to invest in the Indian telecommunications sector. The paper concludes with a brief econometric examination of the factors influencing the level of FDI in the Indian telecommunications sector.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 18099.
Date of creation: 11 Aug 2005
Date of revision:
India; foreign direct investment; telecommunications;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Root, Franklin R & Ahmed, Ahmed A, 1979. "Empirical Determinants of Manufacturing Direct Foreign Investment in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(4), pages 751-67, July.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Spatz, Julius, 2002.
"Determinants of FDI in Developing Countries: Has Globalization Changed the Rules of the Game?,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
2976, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Peter Nunnenkamp, 2002. "Determinants of FDI in Developing Countries: Has Globalization Changed the Rules of the Game?," Kiel Working Papers 1122, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Padma Desai (ed.), 1997. "Going Global: Transition from Plan to Market in the World Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262041618, December.
- Balasubramanyam, V N & Salisu, M & Sapsford, David, 1996.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Growth in EP and IS Countries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(434), pages 92-105, January.
- V N Balasubramanyam & M Salisu & David Sapsford., . "Foreign Direct Investment and Growth in EP and IS Countries," Working Papers ec18/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Singh, Harinder & Kwang W. Jun, 1995. "Some new evidence on determinants of foreign direct investment in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1531, The World Bank.
- Vidya Mahambare & V. N. Balasubramanyam, 2005. "FDI in India," International Trade 0505007, EconWPA.
- Biswas, Romita, 2002. "Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 492-504, October.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2001. "Private Foreign Investment in India: Pain or Panacea?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 399-424, 03.
- Hubert Janicki & Phanindra Wunnava, 2004. "Determinants of foreign direct investment: empirical evidence from EU accession candidates," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 505-509.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.