Cross-Entropy Estimation of Linear Cointegrated Equations
AbstractThe cross-entropy approach is extended to the estimation of cointegrated equations. The entropy estimators for an appropriately constructed moment form, are asymptotically equivalent to Fully Modi�ed estimators since they converge to these estimates su¢ ciently quickly. The performance of the entropy estimators are examined by using some Monte Carlo trials, and in an applied example for the estimation of a production function for South African agriculture.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15100.
Date of creation: 29 Jan 2006
Date of revision:
Entropy; Fully Modified; Cointegration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phillips, Peter C B & Hansen, Bruce E, 1990.
"Statistical Inference in Instrumental Variables Regression with I(1) Processes,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 99-125, January.
- Tom Doan, . "FM: RATS procedure to estimate cointegrating vectors using Fully Modified Least Squares," Statistical Software Components RTS00069, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-58, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Marsh, Thomas L. & Mittelhammer, Ronald C. & Cardell, N. Scott, 1998. "A Structural-Equation Gme Estimator," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20890, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Xiao, Zhijie & Phillips, Peter C. B., 2002. "Higher order approximations for Wald statistics in time series regressions with integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 157-198, May.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George & Perloff, Jeffrey, 1997. "Estimation and inference with censored and ordered multinomial response data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 23-51, July.
- Golan, Amos, 2002. "Information and Entropy Econometrics--Editor's View," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 1-15, March.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas, 1996. "Maximum Entropy Econometrics," Staff General Research Papers 1488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Golan, Amos & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2002. "Comparison of maximum entropy and higher-order entropy estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 195-211, March.
- Paul V. Preckel, 2001. "Least Squares and Entropy: A Penalty Function Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(2), pages 366-377.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.