Un Análisis de la gestión de instituciones culturales: el caso específico de los Museos
[Management in cultural organizations: the case of museums]
AbstractABSTRACT The Museums since institution has been boarded from diverse disciplines. The Economy, or more indeed the Economy Applied to the Culture has made of the museums objects susceptible to be studied with the instruments of the economic analysis, giving rise to the appearance of a denominated area Economy of the Museums. Nevertheless, the Management Accounting has not shown greater interest in the subject Museum as institution of study, even though the notion of museum like guardian of the public patrimony to dice passage to the conception of the museum like business, with highly commercial products and an approach more centred in the visitor who in the collections. The present article must like objective display some peculiarities of the museums management, in special derived in the definition from the mission of the museum and the conflict of existing interests around the diverse involved agents, or the state like supplier of bottoms, the community, the visitor, the directors, in addition of those who contribute in the process of creation of value in the market of art like the artists, curators, collectors, critical, commissioners and other experts. One concludes that the design and implementation of tools for the control of management, agreed to each institution and consolidating the different perspective from all the involved agents, will contribute to the institution that creates it, a fundamental tool for the monitoring of his management and the attainment of his objectives. KEY WORDS: Museum; Management; Mission; Conflicts: main-agent; Management Accounting.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 13756.
Date of creation: Nov 2006
Date of revision:
museos; Mision; Gestion; Conflicto Principal-Agente;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Feldstein, 1991. "The Economics of Art Museums," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number feld91-1.
- Martin Feldstein, 1991. "Introduction to "The Economics of Art Museums"," NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Art Museums, pages 1-12 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heilbrun,James & Gray,Charles M., 2001. "The Economics of Art and Culture," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521637121, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.