India’s Emerging Multinationals in Developed Region
AbstractIndian FDI has been rapidly growing into developed region. As a result, developed region emerged as the largest host to Indian investment during 2000–07. An increasing number of firms from a wide range of economic activities are now undertaking FDI projects into developed countries. Considering this, the present study has explored the growth of developed region bound Indian FDI since 1960s and explored various developmental impacts they have on host economies. It is argued that Indian FDI can make contribution to development by making host country markets more competitive, reducing cost of products and services and increasing the range of consumer choice. However, the negative short-run impact of brownfield form of Indian FDI on local R&D and employment is clearly acknowledged.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12361.
Date of creation: Nov 2008
Date of revision:
Indian FDI; Developed Region;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2005. "Outward Foreign Direct Investment from India: Recent Trends and Patterns," MPRA Paper 12358, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2008. "Indian Direct Investment in Developing Countries: Emerging Trends and Development Impacts," MPRA Paper 12323, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2007.
"Growth of Indian Multinationals in the World Economy: Implications for Development,"
12360, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jaya Prakash Pradhan, . "Growth of Indian Multinationals in the World Economy: Implications for Development," Working Papers 0704, Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID).
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2009. "Emerging Multinationals from India and China: Origin, Impetus and Growth," MPRA Paper 18210, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash & Singh, Neelam, 2010. "Group Affiliation and Location of Indian Firms’ Foreign Acquisitions," MPRA Paper 24018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2010.
"On the Globalness of Emerging Multinationals: A Study of Indian MNEs,"
24867, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jaya Prakash Pradhan & Raj Aggarwal, 2011. "On the globalness of emerging multinationals: a study of Indian MNEs," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2011(1), pages 163-180.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2009. "The Global Economic Crisis: Impact on Indian Outward Investment," MPRA Paper 12324, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.