Earlier research work on tharparkar and sindh barrage, and similar studies related to demographic, social and economic conditions
AbstractThis study is earlier research works done on Tharparkar and Sindh barrage, and similar studies related to demographic, social and economic conditions and chapter-2 as a literature review of the thesis of Ph.D submitted in 2002. Purpose of the chapter was to give the complete picture of both areas and at national and international level to support the primary data of the thesis for proper occlusions and recommendations for policy maker to get the lesson for Tharparkar to get prosperous and better demographically socially and economically. Only secondary data from reliable sources is given in this chapter with complete quotations. This study shows that earlier research work is done in Thar with the help of Government of Sindh, United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Save the Children Fund (SCF)-U.K , titled as ” Tharparkar rural Development Project (TRDP) Evaluation 1993”. From, the detailed study of the chapter we conclude that, from Pakistan origin material, we expect more in future. Some active NGOs has also worked for the awareness and welfare of Thar. From the literature of foreign origin material, it is concluded that development of any area depends upon the awareness and leadership of local participation of indigenous people and results are comparatively better. From the study of Baroda project, Somalia, Grameen Bank of Bangladesh and other NGOs' who run the micro credit programs, it is evident that such programs are essential for the alleviation of poverty and lead towards the income generation of the local masses. Every work should be done through local NGOs, because NGO’s works are on the basis of honesty and is demand driven. It is recommended that Local organizations are must for the awareness welfare and development and they must demand facilities from government and donor agencies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12133.
Date of creation: 13 Dec 2008
Date of revision:
Earlier Research; Demographic; Social and Economic Conditions; Livestock; Rangeland Plantation; Thardeep; Banh-Beli;
Other versions of this item:
- Herani, Gobind M., 2002. "Earlier Research Work on Tharparkar and Sindh Barrage, and Similar Studies Related to Demographic, Social and Economic Conditions," MPRA Paper 15950, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- P27 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Performance and Prospects
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-12-21 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MFD-2008-12-21 (Microfinance)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.