Diferencias Regionales en Rendimiento Educativo en España: ¿La Familia lo Explica Todo?
AbstractPISA 2006 results showed huge differences in educational attainment across Spanish regions. The aim of this paper is to analyze the factors explaining these differences. Our results indicate that differences in family characteristics of students from different regions are crucial in explaining them. However, we also find that differences in regional educational systems are important factors explaining differences in education outcome. The variables related to regional particularities of the educational system are important in explaining the different results in different academic areas. The implications in terms of educational policies of the latter result are many, especially for the implementation of policies to reduce regional economic disparities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 10.12.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2010
Date of revision:
PISA; Rendimiento educativo; Análisis Regional; Descomposición de las diferencias; Sistema educativo; Políticas Públicas.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- R50 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2010-11-20 (Education)
- NEP-GEO-2010-11-20 (Economic Geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publicación Digital - UPO).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.