Report NEP-EDU-2010-11-20This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- David Kiss, 2010. "Are Immigrants Graded Worse in Primary and Secondary Education? – Evidence for German Schools," Ruhr Economic Papers, Rheinisch-WestfÃ¤lisches Institut fÃ¼r Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-UniversitÃ¤t Bochum, UniversitÃ¤t Dortmund, UniversitÃ¤t Duisburg-Essen 0223, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Lenz, Rainer & Steinhaus, Carol, 2010. "Internationalization of Universities as Internationalization of Bildung," MPRA Paper 26626, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- José Ignacio García Pérez & Marisa Hidalgo Hidalgo & José Antonio Robles Zurita, 2010. "Diferencias Regionales en Rendimiento Educativo en España: ¿La Familia lo Explica Todo?," Working Papers, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics 10.12, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Nils Braakmann, 2010. "The causal relationship between education, health and health related behaviour: Evidence from a natural experiment in England," Working Paper Series in Economics, University of LÃ¼neburg, Institute of Economics 190, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Sietske Waslander & Cissy Pater & Maartje van der Weide, 2010. "Markets in Education: An Analytical Review of Empirical Research on Market Mechanisms in Education," OECD Education Working Papers, OECD Publishing 52, OECD Publishing.
- Jörn H. Block & Lennart F. Hoogerheide & A. Roy Thurik, 2010. "Are Education and Entrepreneurial Income Endogenous and Do Family Background Variables Make Sense as Instruments?: A Bayesian Analysis," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP) 329, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Eleonora Patacchini & Yves Zenou, 2010. "Neighborhood effects and parental involvement in the intergenerational transmission of education," Working Papers, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB) 2010/47, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Castagnetti, Carolina & Rosti, Luisa, 2010. "Gender stereotyping and wage discrimination among Italian graduates," MPRA Paper 26685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "The effect of social trust on achievement test performance of students in Japan," MPRA Paper 26699, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Wales, 2010. "Geography or Economics? A Micro-Level Analysis of the Determinants of Degree Choice in the Context of Regional Economic Disparities in the UK," SERC Discussion Papers, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE 0056, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Franco Sassi & Marion Devaux & Jody Church & Michele Cecchini & Francesca Borgonovi, 2009. "Education and Obesity in Four OECD Countries," OECD Education Working Papers, OECD Publishing 39, OECD Publishing.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2010. "Teacher Pay, Class Size and Local Governments: Evidence from the Latvian Reform," IZA Discussion Papers 5291, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dumas Christelle & Lefranc Arnaud, 2010. "Early schooling and later outcomes : Evidence from pre-school extension in France," THEMA Working Papers, THEMA (THÃ©orie Economique, ModÃ©lisation et Applications), UniversitÃ© de Cergy-Pontoise 2010-07, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- K. Renuka Ganedogage & Alicia Rambaldi, . "Is the State University System in Sri Lanka a "White Elephant"?," MRG Discussion Paper Series, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia 3810, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Christian Helmers & Mark Rogers, 2010. "The Impact of University Research on Corporate Patenting," SERC Discussion Papers, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE 0054, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Tatom, John, 2010. "Financial wellbeing and some problems in assessing its link to financial education," MPRA Paper 26411, University Library of Munich, Germany.