Risk Sharing and Network Formation
AbstractInterpersonal relationships have long been suspected of shaping agrarian institutions, probably because weak formal institutions must be supplemented by interpersonal trust. This is particularly true for informal risk sharing, a fundamental risk coping mechanism for the rural poor (e.g. Mark R. Rosenzweig, 1988, Marcel Fafchamps, 1992, Stephen Coate and Martin Ravallion, 1993, Robert Townsend, 1994, Ethan Ligon et al., 2001, Andrew Foster and Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2001).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Oxford, Department of Economics in its series Economics Series Working Papers with number GPRG-WPS-067.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2007
Date of revision:
Risk-Sharing; Networks; Dyadic Regressions;
Other versions of this item:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Baldwin & Dany Jaimovich, 2009.
"Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd09-057, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Baldwin, Richard & Jaimovich, Dany, 2010. "Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7904, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baldwin, Richard & Jaimovich, Dany, 2009. "Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?," CCES Discussion Paper Series 12, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Richard Baldwin & Dany Jaimovich, 2010. "Are Free Trade Agreements Contagious?," NBER Working Papers 16084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moritz Müller & Robin COWAN & Geert Duysters & Nicolas JONARD, 2009. "Knowledge Structures," Working Papers of BETA 2009-24, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Jaromir Kovarik & Marco J. van der Leij, 2011. "Risk Aversion and Social Networks," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-072/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Patacchini, Eleonora & Zenou, Yves, 2012.
"Ethnic networks and employment outcomes,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 938-949.
- Patacchini, Eleonora & Zenou, Yves, 2008. "Ethnic Networks and Employment Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 3331, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eleonora Patacchini & Yves Zenou, 2012. "Ethnic Networks and Employment Outcomes," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1202, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Federica MARZO & Fabrice MURTIN, 2009.
"HIV/AIDS and Poverty in South Africa : A Bayesian Estimation,"
2009-12, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Fabrice Murtin & Federica Marzo, 2007. "HIV/AIDS and Poverty in South Africa: a Bayesian Estimation," Cahiers de recherche 07-08, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00564941 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jaromir Kovarik & Marco J. van der Leij, 2011.
"Risk Aversion and Social Networks,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
11-072/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Thomas Gries & Ha van Dung, 2014. "Household Savings and Productive Capital Formation in Rural Vietnam: Insurance vs. Social Network," Working Papers CIE 81, University of Paderborn, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Mazzucato, Valentina, 2009. "Informal Insurance Arrangements in Ghanaian Migrants' Transnational Networks: The Role of Reverse Remittances and Geographic Proximity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1105-1115, June.
- Yanos Zylberberg, 2010.
"Do tropical typhoons smash community ties? Theory and Evidence from Vietnam,"
11, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Yanos Zylberberg, 2010. "Do tropical typhoons smash community ties? Theory and evidence from Vietnam," PSE Working Papers halshs-00564941, HAL.
- Das, Maitreyi Bordia, 2008. "Minority status and labor market outcomes : does india have minority enclaves ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4653, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Caroline Wise).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.