Migration and Remittances in Tajikistan: Survey Technical Report
AbstractThis paper presents the research design and data description of a household survey conducted in Tajikistan in 2011, the Tajikistan Household Panel Survey (THPS). Based on a sample of the 2007 and 2009 Tajikistan Living Standards Measurement Survey (TLSS) administered by the World Bank and UNICEF, 1,503 household were re-interviewed. The main part of the paper explains the technique of the household survey including sampling strategy, questionnaire design, pretest and fieldwork, training of interviewers and supervisors and survey quality control procedures. A short overview over the characteristics of households and respondents follows.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies) in its series Working Papers with number 327.
Date of creation: Feb 2013
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C83 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Survey Methods; Sampling Methods
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-03-16 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2013-03-16 (Economics of Human Migration)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alexander M. Danzer & Oleksiy Ivaschenko, 2010. "Migration patterns in a remittances dependent economy: Evidence from Tajikistan during the global financial crisis," Migration Letters, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 7(2), pages 190-202, October.
- Barbara Dietz & Kseniia Gatskova & Achim Schmillen, 2011. "Migration and Remittances in Kazakhstan: First Evidence from a Household Survey," Working Papers 304, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Alexander M. Danzer & Barbara Dietz & Kseniia Gatskova & Achim Schmillen, 2013.
"Showing off to the new neighbors? Income, socioeconomic status and consumption patterns of internal migrants,"
330, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Dietz, Barbara & Gatskova, Ksenia & Schmillen, Achim, 2013. "Showing Off to the New Neighbors? Income, Socioeconomic Status and Consumption Patterns of Internal Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 7370, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekaterina Selezneva).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.