The Role of Trade Barriers in SME Internationalisation
AbstractThis paper discusses trade barriers that SMEs are likely to encounter in export markets and available policy tools aimed at their reduction or elimination. Drawing on recent work in the Trade Directorate and elsewhere, key types of barriers are identified based on a review of business surveys and other studies recently undertaken. The paper also explores how governments deal with trade barriers and how SME participation in the trade policy process...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by OECD Publishing in its series OECD Trade Policy Papers with number 45.
Date of creation: Dec 2006
Date of revision:
trade barriers; exports; non-tariff barriers; tariffs; non-OECD; Small and Medium-sized Enterprises; trade advocacy; trade association; business surveys; export markets; consultation; negotiation; OECD; trade policy;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2007-03-24 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INT-2007-03-24 (International Trade)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abu Hatab, Assem & Hess, Sebastian, 2013. "Opportunities and Constraints for Small Agricultural Exporters in Egypt," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 16(4).
- Hsu, Wen-Tsung & Chen, Hsiang-Lan & Cheng, Chia-Yi, 2013. "Internationalization and firm performance of SMEs: The moderating effects of CEO attributes," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 1-12.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.