Input-Output Analysis in an Increasingly Globalised World: Applications of OECD's Harmonised International Tables
AbstractInput-output (I-O) analysis has been around for nearly 70 years, and although its use has ebbed and flowed over the years, it has always retained a dedicated core of users in the worldwide research community. Recently however, there seems to have been a notable increase in the use of input-output tables in empirical analyses addressing a wide range of policy issues. This is partly due to the improved availability and quality of national input-output tables as well as modern IT capabilities allowing more complex analyses to be undertaken by more researchers. A quick glance through recent editions of the journal Economic Systems Research confirms the variety of research topics that can benefit from inputoutput analysis as does a recent user survey conducted by OECD... Analyse des entrées-sorties dans un contexte de mondialisation généralisée : Utilisation des tableaux internationaux harmonisés de l'OCDE L'analyse des tableaux d'entrées-sorties existe depuis bientôt 70 ans et si leur utilisation a connu des hauts et des bas à travers le temps, ces tableaux suscitent toujours l'intérêt d'un noyau d'utilisateurs du monde entier, spécialisés dans la recherche. Depuis peu, l'exploitation de ces tableaux a toutefois pris de l'ampleur et donne lieu à des analyses empiriques portant sur un grand nombre de questions d'ordre politique. Cela est en partie dû à l'amélioration de la disponibilité et de la qualité des tableaux d'entrées-sorties ainsi qu'aux capacités des technologies de l'information modernes qui désormais permettent aux chercheurs de mener à bien des analyses plus complexes. Les dernières éditions du journal Economic Systems Research, tout comme les réponses à l'enquête menée récemment par l'OCDE auprès de ses utilisateurs, confirment la variété des sujets traités à partir d'analyses des entrées-sorties....
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by OECD Publishing in its series OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers with number 2006/7.
Date of creation: 31 Aug 2006
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-17 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akhabbar, Amanar & Antille, Gabrielle & Fontela, Emilio & Pulido, Antonio, 2011.
"Input-Output in Europe: Trends in Research and Application,"
30208, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akhabbar, Amanar & Antille, Gabrielle & Fontela, Emilio & Pulido, Antonio, 2011. "Input-Output in Europe: Trends in Research and Applications," OEconomia, Editions NecPlus, vol. 2011(01), pages 75-99, March.
- Secrieru, Oana & Leung, Danny, 2011.
"Real-Financial Linkages in the Canadian Economy: An Input-Output Approach,"
Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series
2010065e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Danny Leung & Oana Secrieru, 2012. "Real-Financial Linkages In The Canadian Economy: An Input--Output Approach," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 195-223, September.
- Danny Leung & Oana Secrieru, 2011. "Real-Financial Linkages in the Canadian Economy: An Input-Output Approach," Working Papers 11-14, Bank of Canada.
- Francesco Daveri & Cecilia Jona-Lasinio, 2008.
"Off-Shoring and Productivity Growth in the Italian Manufacturing Industries,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2288, CESifo Group Munich.
- Francesco Daveri & Cecilia Jona-Lasinio, 2008. "Off-Shoring and Productivity Growth in the Italian Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 339, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- F. Daveri & C. Jona-Lasinio, 2007. "Off-shoring and productivity growth in the Italian manufacturing industries," Economics Department Working Papers 2007-EP08, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Dalziel, Margaret, 2007. "A systems-based approach to industry classification," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1559-1574, December.
- Giovanni Scarano, 2013. "Capital accumulation and technical conditions along sustainable growth paths," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0182, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Wolfgang Koller & Robert Stehrer, 2009.
"Trade Integration, Outsourcing and Employment in Austria: A Decomposition Approach,"
wiiw Working Papers
56, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Wolfgang Koller & Robert Stehrer, 2010. "Trade Integration, Outsourcing And Employment In Austria: A Decomposition Approach," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 237-261.
- Fernanda Ricotta, 2009. "Trade In Intermediate Goods In Italian Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 200915, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Ricotta, Fernanda, 2010. "Global Value Chain Indicators: Application to the Italian Sectors - Gli indicatori della global value chain: un’applicazione ai settori italiani," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 63(4), pages 423-450.
- Sadao, Nishimura, 2010. "Towards Analysis of Vertical Structure of Industries: a method and its application to U.S. industries," MPRA Paper 27464, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Escaith, Hubert, 2008. "Measuring trade in value added in the new industrial economy: statistical implications," MPRA Paper 14454, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- W. Koller & Robert Stehrer, 2008. "Outsourcing and Employment: A Decomposition Approach," FIW Research Reports series I-018, FIW.
- Wiedmann, Thomas & Lenzen, Manfred & Turner, Karen & Barrett, John, 2007. "Examining the global environmental impact of regional consumption activities -- Part 2: Review of input-output models for the assessment of environmental impacts embodied in trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 15-26, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.