Comparative Statics Under Multiple Sources of Risk with Appllications to Insurance Demand
AbstractIn this paper we propose an answer to the following problem of comparative statics in models with multiple sources of risk: How a risk averse agent will change his coinsurance demand when the distribution of the insurable loss is shifted? To answer the question, we first comment on Jack Meyer's results and then we show how an alternate approach leads to more definitive comparative statics. The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory (1992) 17, 21â33. doi:10.1007/BF00941955
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques in its series Cahiers de recherche with number 9133.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 1991
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CP 6128, Succ. Centre-Ville, Montréal, Québec, H3C 3J7
Phone: (514) 343-6540
Fax: (514) 343-5831
Web page: http://www.sceco.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
INSURANCE ; DEMAND ; RISK;
Other versions of this item:
- Georges Dionne & Christian Gollier, 1992. "Comparative Statics Under Multiple Sources of Risk with Applications to Insurance Demand," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(1), pages 21-33, June.
- Dionne, G. & Gollier, C., 1991. "Comparative Statics Under Multiple Sources of Risk with Appllications to Insurance Demand," Cahiers de recherche 9133, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- W. Chiu & Louis Eeckhoudt & Beatrice Rey, 2012.
"On relative and partial risk attitudes: theory and implications,"
Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 151-167, May.
- CHIU, W. Henry & EECKHOUDT, Louis & REY, Béatrice, . "On relative and partial risk attitudes: theory and implications," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2431, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Suyeol Ryu & Iltae Kim, 2005. "Portfolio Choice for Increases in Risk and Prudence Revisited," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 86(3), pages 293-300, December.
- Christian Gollier, 2011.
"Portfolio Choices and Asset Prices: The Comparative Statics of Ambiguity Aversion,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 78(4), pages 1329-1344.
- Gollier, Christian, 2009. "Portfolio Choices and Asset Prices: The Comparative Statics of Ambiguity Aversion," TSE Working Papers 09-068, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Gollier, Christian, 2009. "Portfolio Choices and Asset Prices: The Comparative Statics of Ambiguity Aversion," IDEI Working Papers 357, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2011.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 1998.
"Background Uncertainty and the Demand for Insurance Against Insurable Risks,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(1), pages 7-27, June.
- Guiso, Luigi & Jappelli, Tullio, 1996. "Background Uncertainty and the Demand for Insurance Against Insurable Risks," CEPR Discussion Papers 1423, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 1998. "Background Uuncertainty and the Demand for Insurance against Insurable Risks," CSEF Working Papers 02, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Guiso, L. & Jappelli, T., 1996. "Background UNcertainty and the Demand for Insurance Against Insurable Risks," Papers 284, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Ghizlane Lakhnati, 2005. "Increases in risk and demand for risky asset," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b05033, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Harris Schlesinger & Christian Gollier, 2001.
"Changes in Risk and Asset Prices,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
443, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00194413 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.