Multivariate risk sharing and the derivation of individually rational Pareto optima
AbstractConsidering that a natural way of sharing risks in insurance companies is to require risk by risk Pareto optimality, we offer in case of strong risk aversion, a simple computable method for deriving all Pareto optima. More importantly all Individually Rational Pareto optima can be computed according to our method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number 14003.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2014
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Multivariate risk sharing; comonotonicity; individually rational Pareto optima.;
Other versions of this item:
- Alain Chateauneuf & Mina Mostoufi & David Vyncke, 2014. "Multivariate risk sharing and the derivation of individually rational Pareto optima," Working Papers 2014-074, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00451997 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00451997 is not listed on IDEAS
- Denuit, Michel & Dhaene, Jan, 2012. "Convex order and comonotonic conditional mean risk sharing," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 265-270.
- Guillaume Carlier & Rose-Anna Dana & Alfred Galichon, 2012.
"Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Carlier, G. & Dana, R.-A. & Galichon, A., 2012. "Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 207-229.
- Galichon, Alfred & Dana, Rose-Anne & Carlier, Guillaume, 2012. "Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9713, Paris Dauphine University.
- Ludkovski, Michael & Rüschendorf, Ludger, 2008. "On comonotonicity of Pareto optimal risk sharing," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(10), pages 1181-1188, August.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Dana, Rose-Anne & Tallon, Jean-Marc, 2000.
"Optimal risk-sharing rules and equilibria with Choquet-expected-utility,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 191-214, October.
- Tallon, Jean-Marc & Dana, Rose-Anne & Chateauneuf, Alain, 2000. "Optimal risk-sharing rules and equilibria with Choquet-expected-utility," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5461, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.