General equilibrium, risk taking and volatility
AbstractAlthough it is a phenomenon that is routinely observed in financial markets, the interaction between ambiguity averse and ambiguity lovers was not yet analyzed extensively in the literature of general equilibrium, mainly due to technical issues. In this paper, we show that the wealth aggregate risk plays a role on the existence of equilibrium in Arrow-Debreu economies. Moreover, we study properties of the equilibrium allocations such as condition for risk sharing, and the price behavior in equilibrium in presence of regulation, i.e., state price volatility when regulation is increased, and, for preferences with distorted probabilities with CARA utility functions, the decomposition of risk factor and ambiguity factor in these prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Research, Ipag Business School in its series Working Papers with number 2014-181.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 25 Feb 2014
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIC-2014-03-30 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2014-03-30 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Schmeidler, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7662, David K. Levine.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- Sujoy Mukerji & Peter Klibanoff, 2002.
"A Smooth Model of Decision,Making Under Ambiguity,"
Economics Series Working Papers
113, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Strzalecki, Tomasz & Werner, Jan, 2011.
"Efficient allocations under ambiguity,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 1173-1194, May.
- Anderson, Robert M, 1985. "Strong Core Theorems with Nonconvex Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1283-94, November.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2006.
"Ambiguity Aversion, Robustness, and the Variational Representation of Preferences,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(6), pages 1447-1498, November.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2004. "Ambiguity Aversion, Robustness, and the Variational Representation of Preferences," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 12, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2006.
- Shannon, Chris & Strzalecki, Tomasz & Rigotti, Luca, 2008.
"Subjective Beliefs and Ex Ante Trade,"
3637104, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00451997 is not listed on IDEAS
- Strzalecki, Tomasz & Werner, Jan, 2011. "Efficient Allocations under Ambiguity," Scholarly Articles 11352637, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Dana, Rose-Anne & Tallon, Jean-Marc, 2000.
"Optimal risk-sharing rules and equilibria with Choquet-expected-utility,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 191-214, October.
- Tallon, Jean-Marc & Dana, Rose-Anne & Chateauneuf, Alain, 2000. "Optimal risk-sharing rules and equilibria with Choquet-expected-utility," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5461, Paris Dauphine University.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Rose Anne Dana & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2000. "Optimal risk-sharing rules and equilibria with Choquet-expected-utility," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00451997, HAL.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.