Valeur, prix de (re)production et développement économique
AbstractThis paper has two aims. Firstly, it has a pedagogical object : it talks about the theoretical controversies about value, relation between value, accumulation of capital and economic development. The Solow's model of growth, its criticism from Cambridge and the expression of production prices, are by turns reexamined. Since the production of commodities can be reduced to a succession of works placed at intervals during the time, Marx has demonstrated that the capitalism can be developped if the work force is exploited and if the surplus of value is invested by the capitalists. Secondly, this paper tries to replace analysis of development in a more large vision of social relations and of their reproduction. By starting from a theory of value which is a theory of social relations and not a microeconomic theory of prices, we arrive to a criticism of accumulation, particularly necessary in the present period of financial accumulation. So, we find again the approach of sustainability of development that we have presented in fore papers.(Full text in French)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV in its series Documents de travail with number 58.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P1 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems
- E11 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Marxian; Sraffian; Institutional; Evolutionary
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- D46 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Value Theory
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Jacob Mincer, 1958. "Investment in Human Capital and Personal Income Distribution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 281.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.