A copula-based analysis of false discovery rate control under dependence assumptions
AbstractThe false discovery rate (FDR) first introduced in Benjamini and Hochberg (1995) is a powerful approach to multiple testing. Benjamini and Yekutieli (2001) proved that the original procedure developed for independent test statistics controls the FDR also for positively dependent test statistics. Furthermore, Yekutieli (2008) showed that a modification of the original procedure can be used even in the presence of non-positively regression dependent test statistics. In this paper we elaborate on Yekutieli (2008) and introduce suitable classes of copulas to identify the conditions under which the dependence properties needed to control the FDR are satisfied.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI in its series Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers with number esdp12065.
Date of creation: 19 May 2012
Date of revision:
Multiple testing; False discovery rate; Copulas;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C40 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Müller, Alfred & Scarsini, Marco, 2005.
"Archimedean copulæ and positive dependence,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 434-445, April.
- Lai, C. D. & Xie, M., 2000. "A new family of positive quadrant dependent bivariate distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 359-364, February.
- Thorsten Dickhaus & Jakob Gierl, 2012. "Simultaneous test procedures in terms of p-value copulae," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-049, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Lupi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.