A new family of positive quadrant dependent bivariate distributions
AbstractPositive quadrant dependence (PQD) is a notion of bivariate dependence between two positively dependent random variables. Starting from the uniform representation of the Farlie-Gumbel-Morgenstern bivariate distribution, we derive and study a family of continuous bivariate distributions that possesses the PQD property. In particular, we show that this new parametric family of distributions can be ordered in the so-called "PQD order".
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 46 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nelsen, Roger B., 1992. "On measures of association as measures of positive dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 269-274, July.
- I. Bairamov & S. Kotz & M. Bekci, 2001. "New generalized Farlie-Gumbel-Morgenstern distributions and concomitants of order statistics," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(5), pages 521-536.
- Cuadras, Carles M. & Cuadras, Daniel, 2008. "Eigenanalysis on a bivariate covariance kernel," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2497-2507, November.
- Fischer, Matthias J. & Klein, Ingo, 2004. "Constructing symmetric generalized FGM copulas by means of certain univariate distributions," Discussion Papers 61/2004, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Statistics and Econometrics.
- Lin, G.D. & Huang, J.S., 2010. "A note on the maximum correlation for Baker's bivariate distributions with fixed marginals," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(9), pages 2227-2233, October.
- Rodríguez-Lallena, José Antonio & Úbeda-Flores, Manuel, 2004. "A new class of bivariate copulas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 315-325, February.
- Arjun Gupta & Johanna Orozco-Castañeda & Daya Nagar, 2011. "Non-central bivariate beta distribution," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 139-152, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.