Inequality and poverty during the recession in Italy
AbstractThis paper simulates the effects of the recent economic crisis on income inequality and poverty in Italy. We impute the changes in employment rates for groups of the population, obtained from the Labour force survey, on the Silc sample for Italy, and simulate in detail also the resulting changes in unenployment benefits and in the Cassa Integrazione Guadagni, a wage supplement fund greatly expanded in the last few years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica in its series Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) with number 0095.
Length: pages 17
Date of creation: Aug 2011
Date of revision:
Italy; economic crisis; employment rates; unemployment benefits; inequality; poverty;
Other versions of this item:
- Baldini Massimo & Ciani Emanuele, 2011. "Inequality and poverty during the recession in Italy," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 297-322.
- mic - - - - - -
- J.E - Labor and Demographic Economics - - - - -
- C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2011-08-29 (European Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2011-08-29 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HME-2011-08-29 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sara Colombini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.