Crisi finanziaria in corso e insegnamenti che si possono trarre
AbstractTHE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS AND LESSONS WHICH CAN BE GAINED - This paper investigates the main causes of the current crisis of the global financial system. Since the development of modern banking in Italian renaissance, financial crises have from time to time affected institutions and markets and have raised concern about the stability of financial systems. Authorities and scholars around the world have analysed the matter and discussed on the proximate and more distant causes of crises. Governments and financial authorities are engaged intensively in identifying causes and in gaining lessons from the experience of the past in order to implement the appropriate steps. In fact they are called to improve the oversight of financial system and to strengthen banks and other financial institutions with the aim of minimizing vulnerability of financial market in the future. The paper focuses on the analysis of the most important factors contributing to the triggering of the current financial crisis since its onset, the peculiarities and the lessons of the crisis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano in its series Departmental Working Papers with number 2010-08.
Date of creation: 12 Apr 2010
Date of revision:
Financial crisis; financial globalization; subprime; securitization; mortgage backed securities; financial regulation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- BAICU, Claudia Gabriela, 2010. "Basel Iii – A New Approach To Improve International Financial Stability," Annals of Spiru Haret University, Economic Series, Universitatea Spiru Haret, vol. 1(3), pages 117-123.
- Claudia Gabriela Baicu & Olimpia State, 2012. "Banking Models Under the Impact of the Post-Crisis Organizational Changes Apt to Confer Sustainable Financial Stability - Romanian Experience," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(32), pages 436-450, June.
- Crisi finanziaria in Wikipedia (Italian)
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEMM Working Papers).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.