A Simplified 'Benchmark” Stock-flow Consistent (SFC) Post-Keynesian Growth Model
AbstractDespite being arguably one of the most active areas of research in heterodox macroeconomics, the study of the dynamic properties of stock-flow consistent (SFC) growth models of financially sophisticated economies is still in its early stages. This paper attempts to offer a contribution to this line of research by presenting a simplified Post-Keynesian SFC growth model with well-defined dynamic properties, and using it to shed light on the merits and limitations of the current heterodox SFC literature.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Levy Economics Institute, The in its series Economics Working Paper Archive with number wp_503.
Date of creation: Jun 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.levyinstitute.org
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2007-07-20 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2007-07-20 (Post Keynesian Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Soon Ryoo & Peter Skott, 2008.
"Financialization in Kaleckian Economies with and without Labor Constraints,"
European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention,
Edward Elgar, vol. 5(2), pages 357-386.
- Soon Ryoo & Peter Skott, 2008. "Financialization in Kaleckian economies with and without labor constraints," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2008-05, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Soon Ryoo, 2009.
"Long waves and short cycles in a model of endogenous financial fragility,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2009-03, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Ryoo, Soon, 2010. "Long waves and short cycles in a model of endogenous financial fragility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 163-186, June.
- Alexandre Manir Figueiredo Sarquis & José Luis Oreiro, 2011. "A Stock and FlowConsistent Post Keynesian Model for an Open Economy with ImportedIntermediary Inputs and Ex-Ante Portfolio Allocation," Anais do XXXVII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 37th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 53, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Cripps, F. & Izurieta, A. & Singh, A., 2011. "Global Imbalances, Under-Consumption and Over-Borrowing: The State of the World Economy and Future Policies," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp419, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Celeste Edwards).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.