Reichtum in Niedersachsen und anderen Bundesländern – Ergebnisse aus der Einkommensteuer-Geschäftsstatistik 2003 für Selbständige (Freie Berufe und Unternehmer) und abhängige Beschäftigte
AbstractThis contribution analyzes top incomes in the German Federal States for 2003 with focus on Lower-Saxony. Based on the microdata of the German Wage and Income Tax Current Statistics (Einkommensteuer-Geschäftsstatistik) for the first time richness rates and intensities of richness are examined for the self-employed as professions and entrepreneurs as well as for employees. We found large differences between the German Federal States and occupational groups. Even if the share of rich persons in the group of self-employed are substantially higher than in the group of employees the situation of the self-employed varies much between the German Federal States.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Institute on Professions (Forschungsinstitut Freie Berufe (FFB)), LEUPHANA University Lüneburg in its series FFB-Discussionpaper with number 75.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2008
Date of revision:
Regional income analysis; income richness; top income; self-employment; professions and entrepreneurs; Wage and Income Tax Statistics.;
Other versions of this item:
- Böhm, Paul & Merz, Joachim, 2008.
"Reichtum in Niedersachsen und anderen Bundesländern – Ergebnisse aus der Einkommensteuer-Geschäftsstatistik 2003 für Selbständige (Freie Berufe und Unternehmer) und abhängige Beschäftigte
[," MPRA Paper 16301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- R20 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2006.
"The Evolution of Top Incomes: A Historical and International Perspective,"
NBER Working Papers
11955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2006. "The Evolution of Top Incomes: A Historical and International Perspective," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 200-205, May.
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Merz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.