Estimation de la valeur du bois sur pied par la méthode des prix hédonistes: Application aux ventes d’automnes de l’ONF en Lorraine
AbstractA stumpage hedonic prices model is specified and estimated using ONF’s data on the 1996’s timber autumn sales in Lorraine. The analysis of stumpage price determinants allowed to propose a new model specification that improves former models. This specification uses a new functional form to take into account the tree dimension. It also introduces new variables concerning stand structure and forest management. Finally, the modeling is used to illustrate the incidence on stumpage price of some variables like the ring width average or the average volume per acre harvested.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Laboratoire d'Economie Forestiere, AgroParisTech-INRA in its series Working Papers - Cahiers du LEF with number 2007-02.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2007
Date of revision:
hedonic prices; stumpage; Lorraine;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Puttock, G. David & Prescott, D.M. & Meilke, Karl D., 1989. "Stumpage Prices In Southwestern Ontario: A Hedonic Function Approach," Working Papers, University of Guelph, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics 123573, University of Guelph, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Vandenbroucke) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Benoit Vandenbroucke to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.