The Transfer Paradox in the One-Sector Overlapping Generations Model
AbstractThis paper examines the effects of international income transfers on capital accumulationand welfare in a one-sector overlapping generations model. It is shown that a strong form ofthe transfer paradox â€“ in which the donor country experiences a welfare gain while therecipient country experiences a welfare loss â€“ may occur both in and out of steady state. Inaddition, it is shown that a weak form of the transfer paradox â€“ where either the donor orrecipient (but not both) experiences a paradoxical welfare effect â€“ may characterize allsegments of the transition path not already characterized by the strong transfer paradox.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 34855.
Date of creation: 27 Jan 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 2008, vol. 32, pp. 1995-2012
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Transfer Paradox; Overlapping Generations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Capello, Marcelo & Figueras, Alberto & Freille, Sebastian & Moncarz, Pedro, 2013. "The role of federal transfers in regional convergence in human development indicators in Argentina," Investigaciones Regionales, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 27, pages 33-63.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.