Locational Marginal Pricing Basics for Restructured Wholesale Power Markets
AbstractIn this tutorial paper, different AC and DC optimal power flow (OPF) models are presented to help understand the derivation of Locational Marginal Prices (LMPs) in restructured wholesale power markets. As a byproduct of this analysis, the paper provides a rigorous explanation of the basic LMP and LMP-decomposition formulas (neglecting real power losses) presented without derivation in the business practice manuals of the U.S. Midwest Independent System Operator (MISO). Related resources can be accessed at: http://www.econ.iastate.edu/tesfatsi/aelect.htm
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 13072.
Date of creation: 01 Jul 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Locational marginal pricing; Wholesale power markets; restructuring; electricity; Midwest ISO;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.