What Relation Exists Between Corporate Social Responsibility (Csr) And Longevity Of Firms?
AbstractThe relation between company longevity and its performance is undeniable; however the relationship between sustainability and performance remains the subject of multiple studies which seem to confirm a positive link. But what type of relationship exists between a firm’s longevity and sustainability? In this paper, we demonstrate that the adoption of corporate social responsibility (CSR) principles explains this link. Therefore, sustainable development policies can create a rampart wall which protects firms against crisis through its three pillars (environmental, social and economic) and thus limit the number of enterprises which go bankrupt. This rampart wall would be even more effective if the principles of sustainable development which companies adopt were guided by a suitable mix of soft law and hard law.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Research, Ipag Business School in its series Working Papers with number 2014-248.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 28 Apr 2014
Date of revision:
longevity; CSR; crisis; performance; sustainable development.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2014-05-04 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2014-05-04 (Law & Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gérard Charreaux, 1991.
"Structure de propriété, relation d'agence et performance financière,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 521-552.
- Gérard Charreaux, 1991. "Structure de propriété, relation d'agence et performance financière," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 42(3), pages 521-552.
- Christel Decock-Good, 2001. "L'engagement mécénique des entreprises:mesure de l'une des expressions de leur responsabilité sociétale," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 4(4), pages 29-57, December.
- Constantin Belu, 2009. "Ranking corporations based on sustainable and socially responsible practices. A data envelopment analysis (DEA) approach," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 257-268.
- Darren D. Lee & Robert W. Faff, 2009. "Corporate Sustainability Performance and Idiosyncratic Risk: A Global Perspective," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 213-237, 05.
- Cohen, Boyd & Winn, Monika I., 2007. "Market imperfections, opportunity and sustainable entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 29-49, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.