Instituições e a Informalidade no Mercado de Trabalho
AbstractThis paper aims to develop a model capable of reconciling some of the maininstitutional aspects relative to labor market informality. It is a two-sector, formaland informal, matching model that incorporates the main trade-offs faced by workersand firms when deciding in which sector they are going to enter. The model presentsan innovation that makes it more coherent with most stylized facts and recentempirical evidence. Policy simulation?s results show that the model can be used toanalyze the effects of several institutional changes over a great number of crucialvariables of the Brazilian labor market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA in its series Discussion Papers with number 1096.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: SBS - Quadra 01 - Bloco J - Ed. BNDES, Brasília, DF - 70076-90
Web page: http://www.ipea.gov.br
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rauch, James E., 1991. "Modelling the informal sector formally," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 33-47, January.
- Mortensen, Dale T & Pissarides, Christopher A, 1994.
"Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 397-415, July.
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1993. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," CEP Discussion Papers dp0110, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 2001. "Good Jobs versus Bad Jobs," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Gustavo Gonzaga, 2003.
"Labor Turnover and Labor Legislation in Brazil,"
Journal of LACEA Economia,
LACEA - LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION.
- Fugazza, Marco & Jacques, Jean-Francois, 2004.
"Labor market institutions, taxation and the underground economy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1-2), pages 395-418, January.
- Jacques, Jean-François & Fugazza, Marco, 2004. "Labor market institutions, taxation and the underground economy," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1888, Paris Dauphine University.
- Naércio Aquino Menezes Filho & Marcos Mendes & Eduardo Simões de Almeida, 2004. "O Diferencial de Salários Formal-Informal no Brasil: Segmentação ou Viés de Seleção?," Revista Brasileira de Economia, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 58(2), pages 235-248, April.
- Menezes-Filho, Naercio & Scorzafave, Luiz, 2009. "Employment and Inequality of Outcomes in Brazil," Insper Working Papers wpe_200, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabio Schiavinatto).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.