Is Fiscal Policy Effective? Evidence for an Emerging Economy: Chile 1833-2000
AbstractThis paper studies the impact of fiscal policy on economic activity by using Chilean annual data from 1833 to 2000. The data allows us to disentangle the impacts on economic activity -- due to the large variation in fiscal policy in the period under study -- by using a SVAR methodology. The study finds evidence of non Keynesian impacts of fiscal policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its series Documentos de Trabajo with number 292.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published as "Is Fiscal Policy Effective? Evidence for an Emerging Economy: Chile 1833-2000", Journal of Applied Economic Letters, Volumen 13 Nº 9, pp. 575-580, 2006.
Other versions of this item:
- Rodrigo Cerda & Hermann Gonzalez & Luis Felipe Lagos, 2006. "Is fiscal policy effective? Evidence for an emerging economy: Chile 1833-2000," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(9), pages 575-580.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José Jofre & Rolf Lüders & Gert Wagner, . "Economía Chilena 1810-1995. Cuentas Fiscales," Documentos de Trabajo 188, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Ignacio Lozano Espitia & Karen Rodríguez, 2009. "Assessing the Macroeconomic Effects of Fiscal," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 005386, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Ignacio Lozano & Karen Rodríguez, .
"Assessing the Macroeconomic Effects of Fiscal Policy in Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
552, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Ignacio Lozano & Karen Rodríguez, 2011. "Assessing the macroeconomic effects of fiscal policy in Colombia," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 206-228, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.