The power of lambda max
AbstractThis paper condiders likelihood ratio (LR) cointegration rank tests in vector autoregressive models (VAR); the local power of the most widely used LR 'trace' test is compared with the LR 'lambda max' test. It is found that neither test uniformily dominates the other one. Moreover it is shown that the asymptotic properties of the estimator of the cointegration rank based on the trace test are shared by a similar estimator based on the lambda max test. These results indicate that the both tests are admissible.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Insubria in its series Economics and Quantitative Methods with number qf0004.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Ravasi 2-21100 Varese
Web page: http://www.uninsubria.it/uninsubria/facolta/econo.html
More information through EDIRC
Cointegration; Likelihood Ratio; Unit roots; Local Power;
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cavaliere Giuseppe & Fanelli Luca & Paruolo Paolo, 2001. "Determining the number of cointegrating relations under rank constraints," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0109, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Luca Fanelli & Paolo Paruolo, 2009. "Tests for cointegration rank and choice of the alternative," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 169-191, July.
- Paruolo, Paolo, 2006.
"Common trends and cycles in I(2) VAR systems,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 143-168, May.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2004. "Common trends and cycles in I(2) VAR systems," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0217tris, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2003. "Common trends and cycles in I(2) VAR systems," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0217bis, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Majocchi Antonio & Pavione Enrica, 2002. "International franchising in Italy: trends and perspectives," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0215, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Carsten Trenkler, 2006.
"Bootstrapping Systems Cointegration Tests with a Prior Adjustment for Deterministic Terms,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2006-012, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Trenkler, Carsten, 2009. "Bootstrapping Systems Cointegration Tests With A Prior Adjustment For Deterministic Terms," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 243-269, February.
- Guiseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A.M.Robert Taylor, 2010.
"Bootstrap Sequential Determination of the Co-integration Rank in VAR Models,"
CREATES Research Papers
2010-07, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2010. "Bootstrap Sequential Determination of the Co-integration Rank in VAR Models," Discussion Papers 10-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Paolo Paruolo, 2006.
"The Likelihood Ratio Test for the Rank of a Cointegration Submatrix,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(s1), pages 921-948, December.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2004. "The likelihood ratio test for the rank of a cointegration submatrix," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf04024, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Nielsen, Heino Bohn, 2007. "A "maximum-eigenvalue" test for the cointegration ranks in I(2) vector autoregressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 445-451, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Segreteria Dipartimento).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.